A week or so ago, I went to the Mario Badescu skincare website to take a "skin regimen" questionnaire. After completing it, they gave me a play by play recommendation as to what their experts felt would suit me best. I opted not to buy right away, although I must say that I have LOVED everything that I have ever purchased from the line. Their drying lotion works wonders on blemishes and the rolling face peel may be the most exfoliating thing money can buy. In general, the line doesn't do a whole lot of advertising--which is possibly due to the huge celebrity cult following that they seem to have held over the years. Just a couple (or maybe a few?) days after filling out my info, I received an email in my inbox asking whether or not I would like to receive sample sizes of each of the recommended products...for free! You already know I clicked the Send it to Me NOW button, and I received it yesterday. Normally I don't do reviews on products until I've had ample time to test them, but I'm so happy with how my skin has felt throughout the day, I just had to post. This is what I received, and how I'm feeling thus far:
- Enzyme Cleansing Gel: I've used enzyme cleansers in the past, and I think papaya may really be one of the best things for my skin. It leaves it squeaky and smooth.
- Cucumber Cleansing Lotion: Let's just say I forgot how effective toners can be...
- Hyaluronic Eye Cream: Very thick and moisturizing. As moisturizing as my castor oil.
- Hydro-Moisturizer w/Vitamin C: A perfect morning base lotion for makeup
- Chamomile Night Cream: This is where I almost lost it. I've never even touched a cream with this sort of consistency. It sunk in immediately but had a hydrating finish that was beyond me.
- Strawberry Face Scrub: I've been meaning to purchase this for some time now, and just haven't. It smells just like it says, and is gentle yet effective.