1. Thou shall not use thy neighbor's eye makeup. Your eyes are very susceptible to germs. When you use your friend's eye-makeup, it becomes contaminated. Have you ever seen eye-lash mites? You don't want to. You are now sharing more than mascara; you are sharing germs.
2. Thou shall match their concealer and powder to their skin tone. Concealer is a lighter shade than your makeup, because it is meant to do just that. Conceal. It looks hideous when someone has an orange face and a white neck. Blend your makeup straight through to your neck. It's not an option.
3. Thou shall moisturize before every application and nightly. Moisturizing is the key to good skin. When used before application, it will help set the products and avoid that caked-on look. At night, it helps keep your skin smooth so you will have a good canvas to work on when morning arrives.
4. Thou shall throw out mascara after three months. We've already commented on germs. Within three months they will make your mascara their nice toasty home. If they haven't, your mascara is probably dried out anyway. To keep the germs out of your mascara, don't "pump it." Pumping it may put more gunk on the brush, but it will only push germs inside that can't get out.
5. Thou shall use eyeliner responsibly. Too much eyeliner looks bad and so does shaky eyeliner. If you can't maintain a steady hand when applying, perhaps you should refrain from lining your eyes. I don't care what sort of rush you're in or how busy your life is. Eyeliner will not make or break you.
6. Thou shall moisturize lips constantly. Nothing is wrose than your crusty lips. During these cold months make sure you are using some sort of lip balm to stop flaking and drying. You can also help bring this to a halt by exfoliating. Moisturizing will also come in handy when applying lip liner and lipstick.
7. Thou shall remove makeup nightly. We all know to take off our makeup before bed. If you don't it only ages you faster. Face makeup will dry out your face. Eye makeup will weigh down your eyes, which will create wrinkles. And on that note, don't rub your eyes. Same reasoning.
8. Thou shall not match their eye shadow to their clothes unless it's white, black, brown or gray. When wearing colors like pink, green, red, blue and orange, don't match your eye shadow to your clothes. It's tacky.
9. Thou shall not use blush more than two shades darker than their natural color. Joining the circus anyone? Stay away from extreme blush and in-circle formations. Rule of thumb — start two fingers' width away from your nose. And only use blush on your cheek bones. Sweeping it up to your temples will make you look crazy.
10. Thou shall blend blend blend, and blend some more. You want to look natural. Nothing should be crisp or clean cut. This is not paint by number. Use your brushes to blend anything you apply with powder.